Thursday, August 07, 2008

blink and you'll miss it

I'm not much into boxing though I hear it can be a great workout I suspect it leads to lots of bruises. With respect to boxes, however, we still have some left unpacked from when we moved last November 30th.

The Olympics start any moment now, considering China is on the other side of the planet from where I am. This seems to be a rather storied Olympics as compared to past events.

My refridgerator does not have a tube that releases condensation, it has a pan at the bottom with a fan that blows over it to have the condensation evaporate. The tunnel that the condensation travels down appears to be blocked as there is a layer of ice forming in the freezer part of my unit that is slowly building, much like I imagine a glacier would. A repair person will be coming today to investigate and hopefully solve the problem.

It has rained a lot here in the last seven weeks.

2 comments:

Debstar said...

I doubt I will be watching the Olympics this year. To ignore it will be my own personal demonstration against China not that anyone will notice.

supertomek said...

just the run-up to these olympics has made them probably the bombiest ever. although there was that olympics in communist russia long ago that got partially boycotted. and the ones in nazi germany must have been a pretty grim affair.