Thursday, November 13, 2008

splendidly withered

1. I really enjoyed the replies about my blog format and this funny line to the right. In the same way that I occasionally do not answer directly the question being asked, none of you did.

2. There was tremendous stress in my building yesterday, however I remain unscathed and still employed.

3. This may be the very first time in this blog I stick to numbering in integer increments in a correct sequential order.

4. I was the antithesis of vocal at the Beaver Leader meeting last night to discuss how we would handle the Beaver Sleepover happening on November 21st. I am learning that I am better at execution as compared to planning, so now I am better able to discern where personal improvement is needed. Not like I didn't know already.

5. I am thoroughly disgusted at what Canadian Finance minister Jim Flaherty did yesterday in purchasing 50 Billion Dollars worth of insured mortgages from banks yesterday in order to encourage banks to give out further loans. Canadian banks are built on solid foundations and have recorded record profits many times over the last five years. According to the 2006 census there are 8,896,840 families in Canada. 50 billion dollars divided by that number of families would give each family 5620$. I realize that is only a short term boost, but I think it far better than propping up the banks.

6. I am going to post this post now and purchase a couple of cookies from the cafeteria.

5 comments:

ghost said...

sounds like your finance guy took a page out of our messed up play book, phil.

Zhoen said...

Oh, sure, prop up the sugar industry.

dykewife said...

yeah, but they'll send to jail a single mother of three who works for cash under the table to eke out her meagre allowance given to her by welfare. it makes so much more sense, don't you think?

Debstar said...

I think a lot of governments are panicking and making stupid, stupid decisions at the moment.

Hope the cookies tasted good.

Mercenaria said...

Beavers! Beavers! Beavers!
Sharing! Sharing! Sharing!