Tuesday, December 15, 2009

image

The manager of my son's hockey team organized a hockey team Christmas party on Sunday at a town-owned chalet. One of the games that was organized involved a lot of balloons. Before the game started we were running around throwing and hitting balloons at each other. I usually split my time evenly between playing with the kids and mixing with the adults, so while running around chasing balloons my left foot was moving quickly forward while a seven-year-old hockey player's right foot was moving quickly backwards. My second toe got smashed against his heel. He barely felt it while I almost staggered to the floor in pain. The sharp pain was short lived but the evidence is still there.

4 comments:

Zhoen said...

You can buddy tape it, as a sort of splint, if you suspect a break. Ow.

ghost said...

you are not ready for seven year old hockey, phil.

tom said...

sure he's ready - just gotta put some skates on :)
i stubbed my big toe one time playing soccer - kicked my friend's foot real hard while wearing crappy runners - thought i broke the damned thing - it swelled up, stayed purple for like a week or 2 and i couldnt bend it for like a year - it was totally ridiculous! i thought that was it for that toe's flexible days, but it made a comeback :)
get better soon, phil ;)

rita said...

De agony of de feet.