Wednesday, May 06, 2015

Cinco de Mayo, done

So we had about 70 people over at our house yesterday evening, about three fifths of them were adults and two fifths of them were kids. We served fajitas, chili, guacamole, salsa, margaritas and a bunch of other things - about half of what was provided came from us (my wife and I) and the other half was provided by the guests who came.

The earliest guest arrived at 17h40 and the last guest left at 01h20 though I went to sleep at 00h30.

I had taken the day off yesterday to prepare the house and am back to work today, a little groggy.

As far as I can tell everyone had a really good time and the kids too had a great time.

It is not a commonly celebrated event here in my city, but for us it is a way to welcome summer. An huge advantage to having a party at this time of year is that there are no bugs or mosquitoes.