Friday, August 14, 2015

left my cucumber sandwich in the laundry

If you made a donation to the forest fire helicopter pilot spouse assistance fund, I am certain that someone nick-named Betty would benefit.

Gargantuan is not a word that is commonly used; it is not in the common vernacular. 'Big' usually suffices.

I watched a movie last night called 'Whiplash'. It was the story of a college-age drummer's encounter with a music teacher who pushes abusively in an attempt to raise up from within the virtuoso. I enjoyed the movie as I watched the relationship develop between the student and the mentor.

The miraculous and the mundane; two peas in a pod. Without the latter, the former becomes the latter. I'd say a fairly large share of my moments are mundane. What is miraculous is those moments where it dawns on me that existence itself is pretty darn amazing.

2 comments:

Zhoen said...

We watched The Wrecking Crew last night, about session musicians in L.A. who recorded on just about everything from the 60s to the 80s.

Debstar said...

I like the last paragraph. So true. I thank my lucky stars for my continued existence.