Wednesday, May 24, 2017

like a rainbow melting an electron

Yep, so this Saturday I am doing a Spartan Race - Sprint distance.
This Sunday I am doing a Spartan Race - Super distance.

The Sprint distance is described as this:
5-8 km
20-23 Obstacles
40 minutes Fastest Time

The Reebok Spartan Sprint: This is our shortest distance. It is perfect for athletes of all levels; from Spartan first timers to seasoned racers. The 3-5 Mile Sprint may be our shortest distance but it packs more than 20 Signature Spartan Obstacles. If you think you can’t do it, you’re wrong. Get to the starting line and show yourself what you are capable of.

The Super distance is described as this:
13-16 km
24-29 Obstacles
80 minutes Fastest Time

The Reebok Spartan Super: This is our middle distance course. With a longer distance than the Sprint and more obstacles, the Super will test your endurance, perseverance and grit. The 8-10 Mile Super packs more than 25 Signature Spartan Obstacles through tougher and more rugged terrain. The Super is the test en route to your Spartan TRIFECTA.

I think of the Sprint as being a warm-up to do the Super.

I have not been able to train as much for the race this year as I did for the race last year.

What will also be a different experience is that last year when I did the race I did it with a group of about 10 other coworkers; completing the last 4/7ths of the course with one particular coworker with whom I teamed up. This coming weekend there isn't anyone else going apart from me.

In August I will be doing a Spartan Race - Beast distance, described thus:
20-23 km
30-35 Obstacles
3 Hours Fastest Time

The Reebok Spartan Beast: This is our most difficult of the three. The Beast will test not only your endurance, perseverance and grit, but also your mind. The 12-14 Mile Beast packs more than 30 Signature Spartan Obstacles and your final hurdle to Spartan TRIFECTA glory. It won’t be easy but you can’t believe how good the medal feels at the finish line.

By doing all three distances within the same calendar year I earn the 'Trifecta'. Whoop de do.

In 2018 I hope that we'll be able to get a group going again from my work and I would probably only do that race, having experienced the other races in 2017.

No comments: