Wednesday, May 02, 2018

box links are frought

This week I have been awaking at 2AM to work until 10AM to replace my coworker from EMEA who is here this week.

It isn't great for my sleep cycle, but as I am working from home for this shift it makes the commute really short.

As there haven't been a ton of tickets coming in, it has also allowed me to catch up a little bit; thought there isn't a lot of evidence of this as the tickets I've been catching up on are rather labour and time intensive; so the actual number hasn't diminished greatly.

I can see this would be a harmful shift if it was perpetual in terms of the odd sleep schedule it would require, but to do it one week, about once a year, is rather harmless. In fact, since I finish work at 10AM it gives me some time later in the day to sleep or get other things done, so this is a benefit.

There is also a draw - the shift goes from Sunday to Thursday; so on Sunday I need to work, but on Friday I don't. Mind you, I am considering to go into work Friday morning and maybe going to the gym, or going to catch a movie (or both) in the afternoon.

No comments: