Thursday, March 14, 2019

when meet and meat meet meat

The sousterrain race for 2020 is already on sale; I'm not going to do it.

2020 I'm going to Tokyo to attend the summer Olympics. I may also do a Sprint Spartan Race if I have coworkers who will do it; and I will do it with them. The only other race I'll do is a 5KM in the fall, the Classique du Parc Lafontaine. This is a race I've been doing for quite a few years and it is one of the least expensive ones. I need pecuniary savings to pay for this Tokyo adventure.

This summer (and fall) I have
June 16, 5K race of Pointe-Claire
June 29, Spartan Race - Beast Distance
July 27, Spartan Race - Sprint Distance
July 28, Spartan Race - Super Distance
October 20, 5K race of Classique du Parc Lafontaine

Still to be scheduled are the Exo walks, I'll preliminarily schedule them this way:
May 25, Exo Vaudreuil Walk
June 6, Exo Candiac Walk
June 20, Exo Mont St-Hilaire Walk
July 2, Exo St-Jerome Walk
August 12, Exo Deux Montagnes Walk
September 5, Exo Mascouche Walk

As the Exo walks can really happen at any time, I will allow myself some flexibility with the dates so that I can take advantage of better weather conditions. The only limitation is that only Exo Vaudreuil operates on weekends and holidays, the other five lines do not operate on weekends or holidays.

I'm looking forward to doing these walks, maybe I'll make a habit of it. After I do this the first time, I may also see if I can organize something publicly to get other people to join me. Of course, the Exo's affected by the REM may need to be skipped until the REM is up and running. What would be interesting is that each person who joins gets to walk home, so from the start we'd be together, but eventually our routes would diverge. If a dozen or more people ended up doing it, the diverging would take place at different points so sub groups would form for part of the distance.

No comments: