Monday, April 29, 2019

derelict eye openers painted orange and quasi-esoteric

So I'm thinking of this home made retirement home for my friends and I.

I keep adding details to it, as I think more about it. This happens to me sometimes when I get an idea, I just take off with it going into the most minuscule details ad nauseum until either I bring the idea to life, or, I really reach the end of what I can think of and move on.

When I planned my 41st birthday, and my 16000th day party I went into this detail of planning.

For this home made retirement home idea, I'm thinking I may turn it into a presentation booklet that I then print six copies of; and then, at an opportune moment I ask for half an hour of time with my six-pack friends, give them each a copy and go through it with them. At the moment, the format it is in is a simple notepad using indents to separate topic titles from topic details.

We'll all be together for the long weekend in May, so that would be the opportunity to present it, especially considering in that moment we'll already be sharing a home for the weekend. So I have about three weeks to get the presentation ready, if this is what I end up doing.

If I get the go ahead, perhaps I will post the details here of the ongoing process to get to the vision I have. Well, about that vision, I have a very clear vision as to what this could all look like in the end as I have given considerable thought to it; but I hope to be able to stress that I am not married irrevocably to my vision; if we are to share this home, we should all have fair input into what features it should have, how it should look and everything else about the procedure in terms of how we get there.

I'll tag this post as 'Retirement House' (until we get a better name for it) so that in this blog the posts will get grouped together. At 16750 days old, I still have potentially around 5800 days before I retire, however, the sooner we put in action this plan, the sooner our individual housing expenses get pooled together which significantly drops our day to day and month to month living expenses which means that the amount I need to retire drops significantly also. If we manage to put this plan into action within five years, I could theoretically retire at that time given what savings I have now, and what I anticipate being able to save over the next five years.

No comments: