Monday, April 15, 2019

two times two is nineteen?

So, a Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid or an Accent 5 door?

Once the house is sold, I get to buy one of these two. If fuel economy was my only factor, the Hybrid wins (4L/100KM compared to 7.3L/100KM).

If price was the only factor, the Accent 5 Door would win (22,383$ vs 33,245$).

With desired accessories as well as 1000$ trade in of existing van and 10,000$ deposit from funds received from sale of house, bi-weekly payments for three years, the Accent 5 Door (Preferred model) would be 158$. The Ioniq Hybrid (Preferred model), also bi-weekly for three years, would be 306$. So, to lower the bi-weekly payment of the Ioniq, I would put down a larger deposit, with a 20,000$ deposit, the three year bi-weekly amount drops to 174$.

I could likely pay the full cost of either car with proceeds from the sale of the house, however, the financing interest rate is either zero (Accent) or low (1.99% Ioniq) and so putting money into retirement investments that can grow at 5-7% makes more sense. On the other hand, I do not want to affect my monthly cash flow too much, and so I'd ideally like the bi-weekly payments to hover within the 150-200$ range.

Oh, and I also compared BMO Investor Line with Questrade, and I'm still leaning towards the latter.

That's about it.

No comments: