Wednesday, October 16, 2019

wearing your sweater like a blanket

Not all of the past two posts, that started with the word 'So', needed to start that way. I should know.

I just filled out a survey in my town, and one of the questions was about the priority of putting high density housing near to the new REM stations. Two of the stations (Pointe-Claire and Des Sources) fall within my town.

Not only did I indicate on the quantitative question that this was a high priority, but in the comment box at the end I reiterated this, explaining that to reduce the number of cars on the road, the highest possible density (or higher still) should be built adjacent to, if not right on top of, the new stations. I also mentioned that what is built ought to be affordable housing, as so much that is being built around the city these days are 'luxury condo towers' that are all priced way out of the affordability of most people.

In another life I would have studied urban planning and worked for a city in this role; it interests me to quite a degree.

No comments: