Thursday, June 17, 2021

counting your chickens before they turn into eggs

If I could fit on the tip of the head of a pin the entirety of the knowledge accumulated by all past and present and very near future civilizations, wouldn't it be unlucky if I lost the pin?

It is particularly helpful when all of the street lights turn green at precisely the time, when walking, a person approaches the intersection while walking from the starting point in a roughly north easterly direction for approximately four kilometres. I should know.

Ignominiously holding her head down, the Fox Terrier, if she was to have actual thoughts, would be pleading for forgiveness for the furniture embellishment she thought was a good thing to do. 

I don't know if all of the sentences in this post will continue to begin with the letter 'I'. I suppose you, as the reader, will come to know the truth as this post continues.

Eye drops are used, depending on the variety and the type of eye, to assist with a variety of ocular ailments. Perhaps ten or twelve years ago it somehow came to be that my intraocular pressure had to have been measured and was found to be just ever so slightly higher than normal. I was prescribed Xalatan and used it consistently over the span of about four years throughout which annually I would have additional eye pressure tests. With each subsequent test I decreased the Xalatan until eventually I just stopped. Six months after having completely stopped I went for what ended up being my last eye pressure test and it came out normal. Perhaps the initial reading was flawed? Who knows.

Once the GAMF works out I may ask for a referral to an ophthalmologist to check on this again. Left untreated, ocular hypertension can lead to glaucoma and eventually blindness.

No comments: