Tuesday, January 25, 2022

image

 Hello Fresh meal #5:


Here are the ingredients:


The two dark green pouches at bottom center are concentrated vegetable broth, then to the right of that is chipotle seasoning and then Mexican seasoning which smells very similar to Epicure Selections Taco seasoning. The carrot was a little wilted and I'd have put two carrots into this. I used my mini food processor to chop nuggets of carrot to be very granular. I had garlic left over from a previous meal and while the recipe did not call for garlic, I garlic pressed four cloves early on into the recipe. Lots of health benefits for garlic. The cheese provided I ended up using all of it for three quesadillas, half of what was available to be made in terms of the tortillas. This is the first miss from HF; or, perhaps I put too much cheese. I will go to the grocery store to buy some more cheddar before I make the quesadillas again.

Here's the final product:

I quite enjoyed this meal and there is little I would change about the recipe. I also liked having the quesadillas to go along with it and it reminds me that quesadillas are pretty easy to make just to have them on their own. The recipe easily stretched into three meals, though I didn't think it quite through and ate half of the quesadillas rather than a third. 

So far out of all of the meals there are a number of items that I would find using Epicure Selections; as noted above for this meal there is Taco seasoning for the Mexican seasoning. There is also Vegetable broth that could come from Epicure, and from other recipes there is Italian seasoning.

I am not certain yet what the full cost of HF meals will be as I still have one more delivery that is from a starter coupon; but I am really quite curious to see how this will compare with me buying the ingredients myself. One thing that I would save is HF's 10$ delivery fee that I would pay for by the time it takes to walk to and from the grocery store. Another thing that is possible is that some food that I buy may go to waste as compared to where what HF sends, it all gets consumed. I suppose if I pay particularly close attention to this facet I might do okay.

No comments: