Sunday, February 05, 2023

be boo baw

Yes, I experienced yet another SLI event during my walk this afternoon/evening.

The Grammys are on tonight, I will watch at least part of it. I am always on the look out for a breath taking performance. The one that comes to mind was Pink's Glitter in the Air that opened up this show back 2010. I still get goosebumps when I watch it on yTube.

In other news, a sock went after a doughnut and found itself wringed out.

At work, finally, the schedule has been updated to give each of us specific times of day that we are to be responding solely to emails, or, responding solely to phone calls. I had been doing phone calls only over the last two weeks, as we enter into our busiest time of year, and would get call after call while I see most of my team mates are on email only, not knowing if they are actually working or absconding. For each of us it has been scheduled to be roughly half of the day on one and then the other half on the other.

If I was a pie plate, I wouldn't know how many fractions I'd be beholding to for the contents of said pie plate as the person about to divide it considers. If I was the person considering how to divide the contents of said pie plate, undoubtedly I would use sevenths as the fraction. Certainly the pie content of said pie plate would be easier to divide into sevenths as compared to a dodecahedron plate.

I have been in touch (by email) with the city council person who represents my district to discuss the impending transit oriented development (TOD) with my city as the REM eventually comes into service. The city council meetings are recorded, so I watched the one that took place in January and felt compelled to respond to it to someone and felt that my local councilor was the one with whom to do so. I am of the mind that the greatest number of residential units possible in a mixed use development abutted to the REM station would be ideal, especially if at least some of them are 'affordable' and perhaps at least one building is fully rental units while all of the rest of the development would likely be condos. Having excessively high density within easy walking distance of the REM station could make it that many of the new residents can be carless, which is a boon for both the local environment, and local traffic concerns.

Other residents are pulling their NIMBY card and are concerned for the future 'lifestyle' of our town; that adding so many new residents all at once could severely change how the town is. I am of the opinion that it is very well known there is a housing crisis across this country, and anything we can do to ease that, ought to be done. Also, high density living brings the city more residential tax income without requiring nearly as much infrastructure as compared to sprawl development. This savings on infrastructure and increase in municipal tax income could help to improve services.

I have a lot more to say about this.

No comments: