Wednesday, February 28, 2024

bent, not broken

Last week, no online banking; too risky.

This week, no such things as dinosaur fossils as erosion, earthquakes, volcanoes and hurricanes would have pulverized any bones.

I voice what we know of the universe started about 13.8 billion years ago; the look she gives me is clear that what I am saying is nonsense.

There is a wind storm outside, I can hear it through the windows, walls and ceiling/roof of my apartment. This wind is the bringer of a flash freeze, dropping 25c in about twelve hours from about above to below with the center at 0c.

I am watching tennis in Acapulco; a place when I was a kid was only imaginary. As it is on the west coast of Mexico, it was never a place anyone I knew any time would consider as a vacation place, given I live in the eastern half of the continent. As is true at anytime I watch tennis on TV (Tsitsipas vs Cobolli) I dream of actually going there at some time in the future to watch the tennis in person. The previous week was in a place called Los Cabos which is at the bottom of the Baja Peninsula; so I could imagine flying to Los Cabos to watch the tournament there, then see if there is a boat that could take me across to Mazatlan and then take a bus down to Acapulco. Watch the tennis there for a few days, and then fly home. I do not speak Spanish in any way whatsoever so this would be an obstacle for me; though I suppose I could learn a few basics.

Both tournaments seem to have their matches only starting in the late afternoon to avoid the crazy sunshine heat. This means some matches will go past midnight. If I was to attend I would for certain change my sleep schedule to awaken later in the morning than I do here since every night would be a late night.

The best part of the idea about it, the more I give it thought

No comments: