Saturday, March 16, 2024

putting aside the elbow macaroni

I went to my first plasma donation yesterday morning, for the first time this year; it went smoothly in all aspects.

I watched most of the first set of the second semi-final of the Indian Wells BNP Paribas tennis tournament, I fell asleep before the set ended and when I awoke I saw that the tennis was no longer showing. I checked my mobile device and found that Sakkari had beat Gauff 6-4 in that first set, but that it had been suspended. So I stayed awake until midnight and the match was still suspended at that time. Apparently it rains in a place that is called the desert. I awoke this morning to find that Sakkari had won; they played the remainder of their match after I went to sleep.

The two men's semifinals are being played this afternoon/evening, but there is an event at my church I am volunteering for; it is a games night where we open the table tennis table, put out card tables with chairs for other kinds of games and will have snacks and drinks. So I won't be able to watch the tennis.

No comments: