Friday, April 12, 2024

who could have asked the question

This morning I walked from my apartment to the 485 bus stop and on the way saw this:


Not the clearest rainbow, but there was heavy rain falling in the midst of it. It had been raining heavily the previous day and when this happens and the ground gets saturated, this leaves no room for worms to breath and so as I was walking I found hundreds of worms out on the sidewalk pretty much everywhere I walked.

The 485 bus takes me to Hema-Quebec where I went for my bi-weekly plasma donation. Today the nurse who worked with me was named Anne-Frederique; a particularly uncommon name. She had a sunny disposition and after her busy part of the session and my donation is simply flowing I told her that having her bright cheery way of being was very pleasant for me and made me happy. She blushed a little and was gracious.
My readings (taken early on in the process) looked good today.

After my donation was done, just outside of the Hema-Quebec site I found this guy:
I took a video of him squirming along as he was actively moving at the time I approached him (her?) but the video didn't load to this blog. There were probably millions of worms out of the ground across the region given how many I saw in the distances I walked.

I caught the 201 bus home and was fortunate that the transit fare reader recognized this as a transfer rather than a new ride and so I wasn't charged an extra transit fee.

No comments: