Wednesday, August 28, 2024

being or not being

My mom in end stage dementia is in hospital, bed bound and not talking. My dad is taking this hard; I should know, I live with him now. The latest is that from the hospital she will go to a long term care home and we are really hoping it will be to the one closest to us.

I looked up the idea of advanced instruction of MAID for dementia people and found that Quebec has led the way but that it isn't yet available as it opposes the federal MAID law. The latest news from the Federal government is that they will have it under review. This gives me hope that by the time I am in the age where it is possible that I will succumb to dementia that I could have an advanced instruction to provide to me the medically assistance in dying at the beginning of that end stage.

No comments: