Thursday, November 07, 2019

frying flint stones like a book cover

Yesterday I was walking from my work to the train, about a twelve minute walk. About one third of the distance there I noticed a person with a rather elevated pace. I matched my pace to theirs for the rest of the way there and wonder how someone can keep this quick pace for so long or why they do it. When we got to the station there were still several minutes to spare, so it wasn't evidently to be certain of catching the train.

In other news, the first snow of the 2019-2020 winter season is falling here today; though, it is light snow and for the most part, melting as it touches ground.

In still other news, out of curiosity I installed an app on my mobile device called Freeletics, a body-weight exercise app. Without going to the gym or being anywhere I can do exercise I tried looking at one of the workouts. Looks interesting, so I'll give it a try the next time I go to the gym (or, as it is mostly body-weight exercises, I can do this at home).

And finally, I awoke at 4h40 this morning to watch the Canada vs Korea match of the Premier 12 tournament of the WBSC. The score was 0-0 when I had to leave to bring V-8 to school and head to work, and when I got to work it was 2-1 for Korea in the top of the 9th, so I watched Korea send in one more run and then the Canada team had all three batters retired, one by K, the other two by pop-outs.

The stadium where they played was practically empty for the non-Korean team games (Canada, Australia and Cuba where in the same group, all playing in Korea). The next Premier 12 tournament will be in 2023 and from what I can tell, ought to be hosted in the US somewhere. Maybe I'll go.

No comments: