Saturday, February 13, 2021

why else would the call be changed

I am enjoying the watching of the Australian Open (tennis) and it entices me to go there someday to attend the event in person.

After having that thought; it then occurs to me to check out Wimbledon, the US Open and the French Open also; as all four of those together represent the main tennis events.

Typically these events have a duration of about two weeks. My inclination at the moment is to go during the first week maybe slightly overlapping into the second week; the price for tickets for the earlier rounds I would expect would be less expensive compared to the quarter, semi and finals. During those earlier rounds I still ought to see some good tennis, and if I work it out right, be there to support Canadian tennis players.

This will be a rather expensive endeavour, especially for Australia as the airfare alone will be quite a lot; but in all of these major cities, paying for accommodations during these events will be quite a lot. As always, my goal would be to stay within walking distance; or, if there is an easy public transit route; to be able to do that and be further away.

The least expensive would be to attend the lesser tournament here in my own city as it comes every August. In 2019 I went one time; at an evening event. Maybe the next time they allow fans, whether it is this August or next, I'll take a few days off of work and go.

No comments: