Tuesday, March 07, 2023

bring out, hold up

Tuesdays through March and April my work shift has become 11h-20h as part of my tech support team's schedule to provide service until 20h on weekdays during this peak season of personal tax season.

The Hema-Quebec site in Kirkland has removed their evening donation times through lack of staff, so in February my evening scheduled appointments had been cancelled, so for March and April I've booked them for Tuesday mornings, of which this morning was the first one.

In chatting with the nurses, yes, they are short on staff and one of them mentioned that though we're a few months from summer vacations, once that happens the number of appointments the remaining staff will be able to manage will be even less.

My own ability to go on Tuesday mornings will end in May as we'll return back to a non-peak work schedule; so if evening appointments are not resumed, the only way for me to continue with plasma donations would be to take time off work. I suppose when the time comes, I can see about negotiating with my manager; I got home before 10h today after my donation, so I could start at 10h every other Tuesday and see about making that time up else when.

In other news when my newfound family doc suggested, due to somewhat high blood pressure readings in her office, that I get a home monitoring machine, I did so. With two readings very soon after waking in the morning, and two readings no less than two hours after eating at night, it seems my BP is good:

I called the doctor's office and asked if I can send the image above, or just give them the overall average, and the admin assistant there gave me an email address to send it.

Last night I got a call from the admin assistant to book a phone session with the doc to go over this sheet I sent them, it is a week from tomorrow in the evening. I am not certain what she will have to say about this apart from it looks good.

No comments: