Thursday, May 11, 2023

whoa, hold your horses

By pure chance on my mobile device I hit an ad for eplancul.com and without really having any idea about it, created my free account. It is described as a social network for people who are looking to have fun and searching for something other than friendship. I had not read this description when I joined.

It is free to create a very simple profile and the moment I did so I received a handful of messages from different women, some of whom would simply write 'surprise! it's me' as the ice breaker message. These women ranged in age from as young as 28 to as old as 52. I was very surprised to hear from women in the 28-38 age range. They also ranged from a variety of places, as far as Saguenay, Sherbrooke and Trois-Rivieres and as close as Montreal.

When I went to reply, it turns out that messages cost 10 credits, and later I learned that ice breaking messages cost 2 credits. So I paid the lowest amount they had, 49$ for 200 credits, making it cost 2.45$ per message for 20 messages. They have higher payment amounts for more credits, like 89$ for 2.23$ per message for 40 messages, 199$ for 1.99$ per for 100 and 399$ for 1.77$ per for 225 messages.

I consumed all of my credits in messaging these women last night and as I approached the end I would let them know that I am running out and likely won't buy any more that night. One of the women took exception to this saying I was rude for even having participated in conversation with her if I wasn't going to continue.

There is a 'Rendez Vous Garanti' that when you read the fine print says you need to be active pretty much daily for six months, making x number of ice breaker messages and that if by the end of six months you haven't had a 'rendez vous' you'd be refunded all of the money you spent. I do not see myself being in a position to test this out due to the inordinate cost it would take to be so active over six months.

After I saw some of the photos that were under the main profile picture and later I read that it is social network for something other than friendship the description made more sense. Many of the women listed exhibitionism as a quality they have and clearly evidenced by their partially or fully naked photos.

The site and all of the women I interacted with use French language and so I used a translate software to make certain my written french was okay. This makes me think that if I was to continue, which I have not yet decided, I would update my profile description to mention that I can read and listen to the French language without any problem, and I can speak it fairly well, but that I can express myself in more depth and with much higher vocabulary in English.

If eventually a rendez-vous did happen, I suppose I would need to be prepared to receive the woman at my apartment, something that in its current state is not a great idea. It isn't something that half a day, two or three times couldn't help, and maybe I should do this irrespective of any future rendez-vous.

One of the profile option check boxes is to indicate if you are interested in finding a travel companion, this is one thing I am interested in and would be a reason to continue. The cost and for other reasons it may be something I will cease immediately. I will need to think about it some more.

Both Toronto and Edmonton won last night in the NHL playoffs, so watching both games gave me the time during commercial and intermission breaks to do all of that messaging.

No comments: