Saturday, January 13, 2024

book the slush, flush the cook

There is a news article in the last few days about Florida having had approved the ability to buy prescription drugs from Canada as it is less expensive to do so as compared to their American or other suppliers.

Canadian officials are clear that they have the means to control exports of drugs such that the Canadian supply is not affected in a way that would curtail the needs of Canadians. This leaves open the door for export of any drugs to which we produce in excess.

I do not see why the government does not see this as an opportunity to invest in our drug producing capacity in order to meet the needs of American states - I heard on the radio this morning that Florida was the first state with approval, but others are lined up.

If it was up to me; I would definitely see about ramping up production in existing facilities, and building new production facilities in medium sized towns throughout Canada. I would also of the list of drugs that could be produced, avoid the production of any opioids given the crisis of these within our own country.

I don't know anything about what is required to manufacture drugs except perhaps that the facility likely needs to be clinically clean. I do know that as much automation as is possible would be used to have high production values.

Anyhow, this is my thought on a snowy Saturday morning. 

No comments: