Saturday, January 06, 2024

telepathetic

I would say I have been remiss in posting anything since last year, but who would notice?

I have certainly noticed. I have rarely put too much into making new year's resolutions, but it has been a goal of mine to eat healthier than I have been for many years. Of the three pillars of good health (exercising regularly, sleeping well and eating well) it is the eating one that I have the most trouble with, the other two I am doing well.

As a first step I think I can manage I will try eating an apple a day and diminishing the amount of Coca-Cola I drink. If I can do these two things successfully, perhaps in a few months I would add another good habit and remove another bad habit.

The PWHL has started, I am pleased that women's sports are advancing and that this league is really treating the players as professionals. On their website early on (I am not certain if it is still there) there was the players agreement that I read in full. They are getting a good salary, plus a bunch of benefits like some meals, housing assistance, relocation assistance and others. I am hoping to go to a few local games in this inaugural season. They play at Place Bell in Laval and at the Verdun Auditorium, neither of which are super easy to get to by public transit. Irrespective of that, I would still go.

No comments: