Wednesday, June 11, 2008

struck by lightning

I have been pushed. I was reluctant to be a cell phone owner and reticent to be a cell phone user, but my M-in-law bought one for me for my birthday, I have already received it, it should be activated some time today. It is mostly to satisfy my wife who occasionally would like to reach me when I am not reachable.

I, for one, preferred the idea of not always being reachable. Now that I have this there is always the potential for an interruption. I suppose I could simply turn it off, but how upset would my wife be at that?

I may eventually find that it is helpful, convenient, handy and even somewhat pleasant to be the owner of such, but for now I carry it with dragging feet.

5 comments:

Casdok said...

Happy birthday!!
I too was reluctant at first and now wouldnt be with out it.

Anonymous said...

I dragged my feet at first. Now I find my cell phone to be pretty handy.

Debstar said...

I too have one but it's generally a waste of time. I either forget to take it with me, have it turned off without realising it or the batteries are flat. I think this is mainly because I never really wanted it in the first place.

Happy Birthday Phil.

Brotha Buck said...

Funny, I use my cell about twice per month. I really don't need it. But it feels like a necessity.

Anonymous said...

I'm applauding you with a one-girl standing ovation for having NOT had one for so long!