Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Zeroing in on out

I think I'll see if I can keep track of how many bags of leaves I collect this fall. For those of you who do not know what I am talking about, here when autumn comes all of our deciduous trees lose their leaves which fall to the ground. In a previous blog entry I showed you some of the trees in my yard, there are many. These leaves need to be raked and bagged and put to the street every Tuesday where my city collects them into a city-wide leaf composting program. The leaves have only just started to fall, last night I raked the entire front yard and filled two bags. The bags I am using this year are a little more expensive but much better for the environment, they are made with paper rather than plastic so they will decay into compost unlike the plastic bags most people use.

Initial Leaf Bag Count: 2

No comments: