Thursday, April 03, 2014

quick gait

I don't know if you've noticed, but we've entered the month of April. Also, incidentally, it is the first month of April in the year 2014. I am not aware if there will be any others. If 2013 is to be used as an example, it is fairly certain that there won't be.

Back in the first April that took place in 2002, my first child was born, a son, known to you as G-bot. The day that he was born (the first 26th of that first April) was a life changing event that only a few years later did I begin to call it the BC/AC delimiter (Before Children / After Children). Life in BC is very different from life in AC.

If the pattern of months of 2013 is to be believed as a pattern that persists into this year, the month following this current month of April is purported to be the first month of May. I do not know yet if there will be other May months this year. If 2013 is to be used as an example, it is fairly certain that there won't be.

Back in the first May that took place in 2005, my second child was born, a daughter, known to you as C-ling. The day that she was born (the first 10th of that first May) gave G-bot a sibling. For him this was a life changing event as until that moment he was an only child.

Back in the first January that took place in 2009, my third child was born, a daughter, known to you as V-8. The day that she was born (the first 24th of that first January) gave G-bot and C-ling a sibling. For C-ling this was a life changing event as it turned her into a middle child.

If the pattern of months of 2013 is to be believed as a pattern that persists into this year, the month following the first month of May is purported to be the first month of June. I do not know yet if there will be other June months this year. If 2013 is to be used as an example, it is fairly certain that there won't be.

Back in the first June that took place in 1973, I was born. The day that I was born (the first 19th of that first June) was a life changing event for me. I believe I did not exist prior to that day; could anything be more life changing?

2 comments:

Zhoen said...

You have quite the skepticism about calendars. And a good run of birthdays.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Day_the_Universe_Changed



Phil Plasma said...

Just my wife's is missing.

I will look into getting the book of 'The Day the Universe Changed'. Thanks for sharing.