Monday, November 03, 2014

bring out the livid with the entropic... tropic?

I did not manage to get to the leaves this past weekend. Oh well.

(A hole in the group from which Oh's can be drawn).

Curious that one can draw water from a well, but to draw water on paper doesn't make it a liquid.

Today is the 306th day of 2014. Why work in weeks or months when we can just say what day of the year it is?

Tuesday this week there is likely to be something that happens. Oh, yes, right, it is the day that I am supposed to take my recycling to the street before 6:50AM as they start on our street that early in the morning.

I hope you have a terrific Christmas!

2 comments:

meshie said...

I've been thinking about time/datekeeping recently. I got into a discussion with a colleague about why she uses the yyyy-dd-mm format (which doesn't make any sense to me, since we don't even say it that way out loud). I prefer the yyyy-mm-dd format (from largest to smallest denomination of time).

It might solve all of our problems if we just used what day of the year it is. But then how would we keep the number of years?

Phil Plasma said...

My preferred date notation is dd-mmm-yyyy, so today would be 5-nov-2014. There is absolutely no mistaking the day with the month this way.