Sunday, February 28, 2016

Sidekick the side post on the eastern side

The french language version of the Count of Monte Cristo has a version that has divided the story into six books. G-bot (13 yo) had to read and write a report on the first one and he didn't do so well in his chapter summaries, so now that he has to do the second book, I will be reading each chapter at the same time he does so that I can review his notes.

In addition, he has to read 'Of Mice and Men' and I too will be reading that one along with him so as to ensure that his chapter notes are more than adequate.

His second term (they have three terms per school year) report card came in this past week and he didn't do so well in a few subjects.

This week is March break for all three kids so they don't have school. The girls will spend the days at my mother-in-law's house while G-bot will either go there, or hook up with friends, or go to school to work with his robotics team.

The week after G-bot has a second week of march break and the girls return to school.

I had anticipated getting the girls second term report card before their break, but I guess I was mistaken.

No comments: