Monday, August 29, 2016

well on the way

At about two and a half trillion kms from Earth now, the whole solar system is but a speck in the distance in my rear view mirror. Proxima Centauri still doesn't show in the distance, it being a red dwarf and all.

Take off on Saturday went off without a hitch and I managed to get the golf cart up to top speed within mere minutes of leaving Earth's atmosphere. At the moment of this post I'm clocking just over 9.3 million km/s, doing good time.

My stores of pop-tarts are already almost done and I spilled a bit of jam from them on the seat, but the rest of my supplies are in good order.

Unless something out of the ordinary happens I won't really have much to report over the next six weeks as I travel there; once Proxima Centauri is visible I'll be sure to let you know.

No comments: