Thursday, March 23, 2017

when lemmings serve you herring

So the trip to the Rochester Institute of Technology did not actually end up happening.

We got back from the Grand Oasis Palm Cancun and I was very sick with a fever, headache, sore throat and some very ineffective coughing. I had started to get sick the third to last day in Mexico with it getting particularly bad the last day.

Instead of driving to Rochester Thursday morning I drove to see a doctor who did a strep test whose quick response came up negative.

I went back on Sunday morning to complain that still I wasn't doing much better and found that the more comprehensive 48 hour strep test also came up negative. The doctor on Sunday did a more thorough investigation but could find nothing that could be treated antibiotically.

Here we are Thursday again and I'm mostly better; the fever is gone, as is the headache, but I'm left with a pesky cough that I fear I will not be rid of in some time.

Tomorrow and Saturday are the last two days that the robot that my son's Robotics Team compete. Their robot was not particularly effective this year as I watched last weeks tournament from afar. They may have made some adjustments, so we'll see if there is any improvement tomorrow. I will see if I can post a video to show you.

1 comment:

ghost said...

excuse me, sir, there is a rat in my soup.

wait, a lemming is a rodent, right? no?