Monday, May 14, 2018

hear here hare wharf

That a train traveling at 265 kph sold Melba toast to only the passengers sitting on odd-numbered seats for a discounted price tells little about the agency with which a rank smudge gets ranked as a byproduct of equine felines belching much like a canine rodent would.

Being listless is not exactly equal to not having lists whereas being hairless is pretty much equal to not having hair.

So when adding up terms like 'lonely', 'alone', 'depression' and 'social isolation'; how many of these can be directly related to the advanced usage of social media?

I do not know of sufficient evidence to point the finger, but then, I have spent only a fraction of a pico-second looking for it.

If I stay healthy long enough, I may get to witness a singularity that changes dramatically, civilization as we know it to exist today. Some figure that this singularity may be to the detriment of humanity; I prefer to keep an open mind.

I haven't felt lonely or depressed in a really long time. I have been alone more since I have moved into an apartment. I can see that I may become more socially isolated unless I make some very purposeful decisions on an ongoing basis.

Though I missed the Book Group meeting for 'How to be Good' (Nick Hornby) I did end up reading it. It has really focused my thoughts on the idea of taking up sailing to eventually buy a Quidnon. If I structure my life in such a way as to be able to afford sailing and eventually buying a Quidnon; all of the time and expense of doing the sailing and buying all of the stuff associated with sailing could have been spent doing more for others. This has me really quite torn as I am rather enamoured by the idea of sailing and living on the Quidnon; in the Carribean during the winter, and back to here in the summer. One idea I had, once I would have the Quidnon, since it has as much space as it does, would be, that while I am here during the summer, I could get in touch with various community groups and churches to find out if there are any families that they could recommend that would enjoy a day trip on a sail boat. In winter, I would have an open invite to anyone still living here to come south for a week or more where I would take care of everything from transiting from the flight to the Quidnon and providing food and drink.

Thinking further of the sailing; unless I can have others join me on the Quidnon for extended durations, I would then more likely become socially isolated. I've read that there have been studies that show that social interaction is one of the key ingredients to a healthy long life. So this would be another reason to not get into the sailing.

Nothing will advance until the house I currently own with the wife I am currently separated from gets sold. So that is really the first step; to get that house sold.

That a bus traveling at 103 kph sold evasive manoevres to only the passengers sitting in the back half of the bus for an augmented price speaks little to the quickness that a sordid elocutionist depends on Depends.

No comments: