Tuesday, November 17, 2020

reciprocity and the leg worm

Arguing with yourself about which road to take to get to the destination that is made of cream cheese: not the best use of your time.

I can think of other situations which are arguably even less useful use of your time. For example, imagining the idea of writing the letter 'J' six thousand two hundred and thirty-two times, alternating between a lower case 'J' and an upper case 'j'.

I haven't gone bowling in quite a number of days. I do not believe I bowled in the year 2019, and I certainly haven't in the year 2020. It has been so long I can no longer remember if I prefer uphill or downhill bowling.

I have been watching NFL games since the beginning of the season. There was an amazing game winning/ending catch made by DeAndre Hopkins from QB Kyler Murray of the Arizona Cardinals. Who knows how long a u-tube link will last:

Pantomiming like a leap frogger is nothing like cutting your finger nails and toe nails only on days that have a prime number as their date. I should know.

I have succumbed to Wish and have ordered a number of items, each of which will arrive as soon as it does, but no sooner. I'll think of it all as a Christmas gift from me to myself as I am hoping most, if not all of what I've ordered will arrive before or by December 25.

Souvankham Thammavongsa won the Giller prize this year for her short-story collection 'How to Pronounce Knife'. I may consider obtaining this book and reading it. I am not certain what else I would do with the book if I was to acquire it; I suspect reading it would be the most responsible and appropriate thing to do.

It seems that the pharmaceutical companies out there are slowly coming up with phase three successes in their vaccine testing. This is looking more and more like at least by the end of next year, and possibly sooner, that a vaccine induced herd immunity will slow to a crawl the COVID-19 infection rate allowing for our society to return to normalcy. I'm looking forward to going to movies again. So it could be on this date next year, it is all in the past.

I ordered a large pepperoni and bacon pizza and a steak & pepperoni submarine from my local pizzeria for supper tonight. I ate the sub, my girls will eat the pizza.

No comments: