Thursday, April 29, 2021

vaxamillion

So, here in Quebec they've finally opened it up to the general population. As my post yesterday has indicated, I already have an appointment in four days to get my first jab of Astra Zeneca.

Starting tomorrow (May 1), all adults aged 50+ can book an appointment.

As of May 3rd, 45+

May 5, 40+

May 7, 35+

May 10, 30+

May 12, 25+

May 14, 18+

I think it was smart of them to spread out the booking of appointments like this so that the website where the appointments are booked is not overwhelmed by the millions of adults trying all at once.

I would, as an adult 45+ be able to book an appointment as of the same day that I am getting my first jab; so I'm somewhat ahead of the queue since they do not want to give AZ to people younger than 45.

I will check late on May 2nd to see if the arena close to me has appointments that are not too soon after May 3rd available. If there are, I'll cancel the one I've booked and make one at the arena instead since it is so much easier for me to get to.

At the moment the measures in place here require masks indoors, 2m distancing wherever possible, curfew at 21h30, washing hands incessantly, church has a max 25 people per service and restaurants can only do take-out (no dining in). Since the general population will soon start getting vaccinated and at a fairly high rate; it looks like at least some of these restrictions will begin to be decreased or eliminated in the coming weeks or in the next month or two.

No comments: