Monday, April 12, 2021

when all of the subordinates become inordinate

I've had this idea, fill 500 envelopes with 40$ in each and a note saying that this is a gift, keep it all if you need it, keep half and give half if you can, or pass it on to someone in need.

On December 15th, or around that date, go to a metro station that is also a central bus dispatch place and pick a random queue of people waiting for a bus. As the bus pulls in to allow the people to enter, hand one envelope to each person in the queue. I think I know which metro station would be best in terms of having the most people in need passing through it.

Repeat this at other bus queues at that same metro station, even coming back to the same one, and only give them to people as they enter the bus. This way they can be pleasantly surprised when they open the envelope on the bus and I don't have to face them.

Perhaps I'd include a hashtag code of some kind that they can share on social media and then I could see after what effect this has had for anyone who posts about it.

Of course 500 * 40$ is 20,000$ which I don't have, so this won't happen.

No comments: