Tuesday, April 20, 2021

when the lights turn up

A few mornings ago I had quite a dream.

In one living room in a house I entered and I saw three nice looking women sitting on a sofa, they were talking with each other, I approached and attempted to engage with them and they looked at me but they didn't talk to me, and slowly the woman in the middle started to talk as the person on the CBC radio giving the hourly national news. (I had awoken minutes earlier and had turned on the radio so I could have surfaced slightly and incorporated the actual news reader into my dream, the voice of her anyhow.) So I left them, walked through a hallway and came to another living room and there I saw Allison (someone I actually know, who used to work at the CBC) leaning back against a window screen (the window is open, just the screen is preventing her from falling some indeterminate distance down), it was night time and so it was dark out the window behind her; she had an alcoholic drink in her hand and she was looking really buzzed or high and off in another world. I tried to engage with her to commiserate having been shunned earlier, but she didn't respond, likely because she was too high, so I went and sat on a sofa and sulked, pulling a large thick blanket over me; the blanket covered much of the sofa to my left. Moments later one of the three women from the other room came in to the room I was in and got on to the sofa with me, crawling under the blanket so that she was mostly prone, she looked up at me, very willfully exposing her cleavage, and poked me gently on my leg a couple of times but said nothing. My feeling of being shunned was gradually replaced with the feeling of possibility and then I woke up.

The dream was so clear I was able to key it all into my mobile device at the time, which allowed me to transcribe it here in this post.

No comments: