Saturday, June 05, 2021

too soon or too late

So I met with the CEO of the company, with whom I have a solid relationship, on Thursday, and he convinced me to stick with the product team, so that is good. He also recommended I start coming in to the office on a regular basis, say two or three days a week, to help reduce what he says I look like I'm depressed.

I don't know that I'm depressed, but I do know that having some more social interaction on a regular basis will certainly do me some good.

I bought a lotto ticket for the Loto-Max draw that took place last night, the jackpot was 70,000,000$. I checked this morning and found, to no surprise whatsoever, that I had not won.

There are a few ideas I've had with respect to winning such a huge jackpot, most of the ideas I'll present in this post are very local.

1. There are a handful of projects to improve the church I go to and I would pay in full to get all of those projects done and at high quality.

2. At the local plaza shopping center I have a few different ideas any one or two or any combination of which I would consider:

2a. As there are a number of empty slots at the moment, open up a table-tennis place where players and new players can come to play recreationally, take lessons, hire coaches, have competitions and so on.

2b. There is a large restaurant at one end that often had live music performances, it closed down even before the pandemic and remains unowned. I know nothing about running a restaurant, but I'd find a partner with resto management experience and see if I can get this rolling again.

2c. This is a much larger idea; I heard that the entire plaza has been put on the market but that no buyer has come in yet; I would buy the whole plaza and do some major renovations to:

2c.i Somehow make the whole plaza get heated and cooled by a commercial geothermal heat/cool system

2c.ii build a second and third floor, and maybe a fourth, along the length of the plaza and have apartments (specifically not condos). There are many condo buildings being built everywhere but still there is a need for rental accommodations

2c.iii Resurface the parking lot and build a frame that raises by 5m a solar panel array that can supply power to the plaza.

3. As I really believe in the mission and vision of the company I am currently working for, I would speak with the CEO and found out how I can invest some number of millions of dollars into the company to get back some kind of return.

4. Of course, some very small number of the 70,000,000$ would stay with me to fund the rest of my trips around the sun; I do not know that I would raise significantly my standard of living, though this is hard to say as a non-jackpot-winner.

No comments: