Sunday, November 21, 2021

pocket full of animated dinosaurs

I was lucky and unlucky last night; I was doing O/T on my job and at about 18:23 I received a call from what looked to be a customer who was already upset about whatever situation they were in when the power went off in my apartment building, cutting the connection to the customer. It went off only for perhaps 10 seconds and then came on again. My modem/router takes about two minutes to cycle up in order for me to re-connect to my work, but perhaps 80% of the way through that cycle, the power went off again, and on again for 10 seconds of downtime. This pattern repeated itself perhaps six or seven times until the power eventually stayed off.

So I was lucky that the power cut made it so that I didn't have to deal with that angry customer, and I was unlucky in that I still had another half hour of O/T that I was wanting to do. There is a bonus happening at present that any O/T done over this weekend earns an extra 3$ per hour.

I had pre-scheduled a lap swim session last night at 20:30; the power had not yet come on in my neighbourhood, but using the Hydro Quebec app, I was able to see that where the pool is, power hadn't been lost, so I went and did my ~30 minutes of swimming laps.

About half an hour after I returned home from swimming, the power came back on again, so that was good.

No comments: