Saturday, November 27, 2021

when marketers market

I subscribed to AppleTV+ last month, or the month before, specifically so I could watch the 'Foundation' show, based on the same science fiction series written by Isaac Asimov ages ago. Given this new access I've also watched 'The Morning Show' and have quite enjoyed it.

My company is paying an additional 5$ per hour for any O/T hours done for Friday, Saturday and Sunday of this weekend; so I did two extra hours yesterday, and will do the same again today and tomorrow. 

With respect to Black Friday sales, the first thing I have to say is that I find it distasteful that here in Canada we have this artificial sales date that is attached to an American holiday. The second thing I have to say is that I bought two items specifically with BF in mind, the first was La Prairie Skin Caviar Luxe Eye Cream and the second was a Delta Batavia In2ition 2-in-1 Shower Head. The former was discounted by 10% while the latter was discounted by 65%.

Of those two items, the eye cream I bought online to be delivered, but for the shower head I went to CT to get it. I took the 203 bus to then get on the 215 bus and between the two had to wait perhaps only 6 minutes, so it was a rather smooth transit trip. I wandered around the store a little bit as it had been a long time since I was in a CT. I easily found the shower head and then checked my app for transiting home and the next buses would be in ~40 minutes. This was not good, but expected as it was now just before 21h and so the transit frequency drops. There is a McDo that is separate from the mall where CT is so I walked there and bought an inexpensive meal to pass some of the time. Then I walked not to the closest bus stop, but to the next one further as I knew there was a shelter there. The 209 bus came about 10 minutes later than expected and where I was to catch a 203 bus, due to that delay, I would have had to wait another 25+ minutes; so I ended up walking home from Sources / Belmont.

I installed the shower head almost right away when I got home last night; it was a bit of an ordeal to remove the plumbers tape job that had been put on from the previous shower head, but once that was all cleared off I put on some new plumbers tape, screwed the shower head in and completed the installation in short order. Right away I took a shower to check for leaks and it was a smooth, easy and successfully leak-free installation.

No comments: