Monday, September 26, 2022

two times two times two times two...

Yes; that is where all of the tooth paste ended up.

My brother and his wife, who have lived in Valencia for the last two years, came to visit. On Friday night just the three of us went to Jardins Nelson for supper. We had a pleasant meal and good conversation.

On Saturday morning I visited with my parents; something I do every other Saturday. My dad is doing well, he is doing better at 28889 days compared to my mom at 27089 days. She is losing her mobility and is only able to move unsteadily and very slowly and requires a lot of effort to get up from a chair.

On Saturday afternoon I headed into the city to Sir Wilfred Laurier park to meet up with some Kurzgesagt people for a potluck. I arrived earlier than the 16h30 start time to see if I could get a picnic table; and I was able to secure one. I was good with conversation with the new people that showed up for the first quarter of time; then with one other who was closer to my age for the second quarter of time; then with 15 people in attendance, I slowed or ceased conversational participation as there were just too many people.

Yes, that is where all of the dental floss ended up.

On Sunday, after church, my brother and his wife picked me up and we went to my sister's house; where, my parents, my kids, and her kids were already. This is the first time my family is together since pre-pandemic. We had a nice time together. Unfortunately, when my parents left, the four or five steps leading to the front door of my sisters house became a challenge for my mom; my dad had one of her arms to help her with balance, but just the same she fell while descending the steps. A few of us exited the house when my dad motioned that he needed help to bring her back up; so we all went out, and fortunately it doesn't appear that anything was broken, she was assisted to standing again and made her way carefully into the car without further incident.

Sorry, no idea where the mouth wash is.

No comments: