Monday, October 03, 2022

when all else is a gum ball mahine

I'm thinking of dropping my Kurzgesagt participation; too many of the events I organize end up having extremely low participation and the ones that have more consistent participation are ones I am not interested in.

On Friday last week I turned 18000 days old, and though originally 9 people had expressed an interest, that was down to 6 near the start of the event, and then only Tiago showed up. The two of us had a nice meal, walk and conversation.

On Saturday was the Montreal Underground walk; there were 4 others who had expressed interest and only Miguel showed up. We had a nice walk, most of the underground was new to him, and a nice conversation.

On Sunday was an Intro to D&D session where about 16 of us showed up, four of which were the DMs. I played in Tiago's group, and it was mostly fun, but I don't think this is something I would do more of. Well, perhaps I would but not with the group I was with.

Today is a weekly Mount Royal walk and there were only two others signed up, so last night I messaged both of them to ask them to confirm their attendance, if neither of them show up; I would not be pleased for having done the 50 minute transit trip to get there and back. I got a response that one of them will go, so that is good.

The Mtl-sous-sol for this coming Saturday has 5 people interested; so I'll have to see how many of them actually show up.

In other news, the owners of the building within which I live have not yet turned on the heating for this winter. By the late afternoon the sun has hit my apartment to warm it up to just about the lowest end of comfortable. I seem to be noticing this low temperature more this fall compared to last fall; though, I have remarked since moving into this apartment that the heat has always come on late, and goes off early in the spring which has always made a few weeks on either end of winter where my apartment is colder than I'd like. I use a small space heater in my bathroom in the most distant place from water it can get to warm up that room before having a shower. Also, in addition to my regular blankets, I've put an unfurled sleeping  bag on top to make my bed extra cozy.

And finally, I am about to head over to where I am to vote in today's provincial election.

UPDATE: The heat came on this afternoon at around 15h.

No comments: