Tuesday, November 22, 2022

when all else

Now that it has gotten much colder I have ceased outdoor running. I ought to be replacing this with going to my local municipal (indoor) pool to swim laps, but I haven't done that yet.

Canada's soccer team is participating for the first time since 1986 in the World Cup with their first game tomorrow against Belgium. I find it interesting that the Belgian team is quite highly ranked and yet as a country has only a bit less than a third of the population Canada does. I wonder if population density may have something to do about it.

At  my church we are doing a garage sale fund raising event this Saturday with many different parishioners donating stuff from their houses and all funds raised to go towards things like repaving the parking lot and other capital expenditures. I am the one directing this, so I will be going most of the next evenings and then will spend the day on Saturday from very early to make sure everything runs well. I hope this works out well as a fundraiser, especially given the amount of effort I and others are putting in.

Finally; my plan is to replace my 2019 purchased Moto Z2 Play mobile device with a Google Pixel 7 which is currently discounted. My current mobile device is no longer very battery reliable and though rarely, actually crashes some times and requires a full power down/up. As I have done in the past, I will buy it unlocked so that I can continue with the mobile plan I currently have which is an inexpensive one that is no longer publicly available.


No comments: