Sunday, December 04, 2022

image

On Wednesday this past week I received the new mobile device I had ordered, a Google Pixel 7 Pro. My previous and all past mobile devices were low-end models at low prices; this is the first time I buy a high-end model. I bought it unlocked and just moved my sim card from old device to new to maintain my inexpensive monthly plan.

If you can believe it, the two photos below were taken two hours after the sun had set.


These two photos were taken from the Sunnyside park path I mentioned in the post immediately preceding this one. These aren't particularly interesting subjects, I just wanted to test out the night photo ability of the camera that comes in this device. The upper photo is a little clearer/brighter because the camera had the tree in the foreground to focus on; the lower one has no real focus point.

My next challenge is to see if this device can get a good photo of the Moon. The device has 5x optical zoom and 30x optical + digital zoom; so I'll have to see how that works out for lunar shots.

The copy of Android apps and data from old device to new went without any problem whatsoever, though, there were a couple of apps that I had on my old device that are no longer available and so these did not copy. I found alternatives, so that wasn't a big deal.

No comments: