Thursday, January 26, 2023

what? when? phone call

So back in August of last year I posted this about GAMF and GAP. In a nutshell, I had been assigned to a suite of doctors in Lachine.

Quite unexpectedly I received a phone call today from the Clinique Médical de l'Ouest de L'Ile de Montréal in Ste-Anne-de-Bellevue at what has been for decades known as the Veteran's Hospital but which in the last five years or so was opened up to be used by Quebec's health care.

I have been assigned to a specific family doctor whom I will be meeting on Feb 15th. I had planned on calling GAP in May to organize a checkup, and now I don't have to.

I have not been followed by any type of doctor since I was a kid being followed by a pediatrician. Through these intervening years I have seen a few doctors at clinics for the rare occasion where I would have an ear infection or strep throat.

I am in good health and have no complaints of any kind, but it will be good to start a record of my health so as to have something to compare to when I get older.

No comments: