Monday, August 22, 2022

GAMF -> GAP

Back on September 4, 2019 in this post I put in with GAMF a request to have a family doctor here in Quebec assigned to me. It was mentioned that it would take 612 days.

Today in the mail I received a letter from GAMF that I now have a team of doctors assigned to me, but that I am not to contact them directly, but instead to call GAP who will then decide if I am to be seen by one of the doctors on that team. I received the letter today (Aug 22) however, the letter is dated Aug 3 and indicates I have been covered by that team of doctors as of Aug 3, which is 1064 days since I first signed up with GAMF.

That it is a team, the letter states, it is highly likely that I would see different doctors over time. The letter also states that if I am offered, by one of these doctors, to become one of their patients such that they become my family doctor, that I will no longer have to go through GAP and will no longer be team doctored.

The location of this team is in Lachine, in not exactly a convenient location for me considering where I live. What would be a 15 min drive if I had a car is a 45 min transit or 2hr walk to get there.

Anyhow, this is good news; I won't do anything about it until next spring as next summer I will begin the second half of a century of existence. I expect to still be in as good health next spring as I am now, but I'd like to get baseline measurements of things I can't see or feel and to look into preventative medicine.

GAMF - Guichet d'accès à un médecin de famille

GAP - guichet d’accès à la première ligne

In case I misplace the form the GAP phone number I am to call is 514-693-6663, and the clinic is called Med Nam Lachine, 2000 Notre Dame W H8S 2G4.

No comments: