Tuesday, March 21, 2023

heh, what?

Later this morning I'll be going to do a plasma donation again.

I leave my apartment at 6h30 to get to the bus stop where I catch the 485 bus at around 6h52. It gets me to the closest point to the Hema-Quebec place in Kirkland where walking through the door I arrive at about 7h21 for my scheduled 7h30 appointment. 

I am the first appointment of the day at that time so there is hardly any wait at all to be seen by the earliest nurse with whom I answer all the questions and then get into the donation seat and off we go.

I am done by about 8h30 at which time I walk over to take the 201 bus home and I'll get home by about 9h40.

I can do this on Tuesdays as my schedule for March and April include working 11h-20h on Tuesdays. Come May I will ask to have Tuesday or Wednesday on a perpetual basis have me work 10h-18h and this way I'll be able to continue to go on Tuesday or Wednesday mornings, every two weeks, perpetually.

I did get the phone call from my doctor as mentioned in this post on the 15th last week. I do not remember the conversation so much, it went very quickly as there was nothing contentious about it - my readings were well within the realm of good health. I mentioned that, since I now have the machine and it costs nothing for me to do this, I will take the seven day - four times a day - BP readings three times a year evenly distributed and will send her the results, and she agreed with me that there'd be no need for her to call me about any of those unless there was something to talk about. I also mentioned that the blood tests that she had commissioned for me to do will only happen on March 29 as that was the soonest appointment I could get at a public facility where there would be no cost. There are private labs closer to home where I could have paid and had a sooner appointment, but all of their appointment times were during the working days/hours during my busiest time of year with respect to work.

I like the idea of taking three 7-day average BP readings a year as it will provide a more granular chart over the coming years of how my BP fluctuates or changes. Hopefully with my fitness regimen it stays within the healthy parameters for a good long time.

No comments: