Monday, February 12, 2024

rating rates of wraiths

I watched the Superbowl last night, it went into overtime with the KC Chiefs winning over the SF 9ers. Pre-game I had no preference but as the game progressed I began to root for the 49ers, so it was unfortunate that it ended how it did. I was supposed to have gone to a friend's house to watch together, but she messaged me earlier that day that she had tested positive for COVID, so we agreed to rescind the invitation.

Presuming I come back to read this a decade from now I would be remiss if I failed to mention the Swift Kelce link, that Taylor Swift the music superstar and Travis Kelce the top tight end of the NFL became a couple earlier in the season and she has been present and occupying televised space during the latter half of the season up until and including the game last night. This couple has produced outrageous media attention where the Swift universe and the NFL previously had been two separate and enormously followed entities and now there was significant overlap.

In other news it is snowing outdoors at the moment I compose this post, soft slow snow.

On yTube one of the many channels I follow is Mark Manson's and on this video I posted a reply. Unexpectedly I got a reply from what could have been Mark himself to the message I had sent, simply asking me to reply back to him; when I did it was addressed to an odd entry including 'sms'; I just let him know that of the 1000s or more of people that respond to him I am surprised he would contact me.

I do not understand what of my response would trigger him to reach out to me if that is, in fact, him that did so. I also do not know what in addition to the comment I left, I would have to say to him with respect to what that video instructed. I suppose I could go into more granular detail about the three questions he poses.

And finally I am enjoying watching the MLTT; it is a league that is completing its inaugural year with just a few events left before the first Championship being held in Chicago at the end of April. I have looked into attending any of the events were they to happen in the same places in fall 2024 as the remaining dates for the season this year vacation days are prohibited for me to take from work. The closest location is Bedford Park IL (basically Chicago) and with my desire to not take airplanes, taking either bus or train to get there takes two to three days of travel. So for example three days travel there, three days of the event and then three days travel back is not great. There are enough flights that if I did go that way, I could fly to Chicago the morning of the first day and fly home on the evening of the last day of the event.

No comments: