Tuesday, September 17, 2024

and so it begins

My mom at end stage dementia is in hospital still and will eventually be moved to a long term care home where she will live her last days. My dad, with whom I live now and have been since mid-August, last night experienced dizziness and a slight loss of balance. We checked everything we could in terms of blood pressure, blood sugar and temperature and everything was within acceptable tolerance. I put a cooling pack on the back of his neck and in his recliner he let it cool him. I made sure he drank some water, and he took two aspirin as a stroke precaution, but kept checking his arms to verify if there was any numbness or lack of nerve control and his arms were fine. I was going to go to bed before him but when he let me know how he was feeling I stayed up until he decided to go to bed.

This morning he indicated that he is feeling a little better but still not at 100% (well, 100% for an 81yo person). If this problem persists I will insist he go see his doctor and perhaps accompany him.

No comments: