Tuesday, September 04, 2018

screen cracks, arg!

On Saturday I went running, I was to run 800m, six times, each time in 3:29 or less, with a short break between each run.

I used my mobile device to track my time, and invited V-8 (9yo) to assist me. She would press 'start' on the timer on my device as I crossed a crack in the pavement adjacent to where she was sitting in the shade, and when I crossed the crack in the pavement again when I completed the lap, she would press 'stop' to get the time.

After my second lap I noticed there was a crack in the screen of my device; she delayed a bit but then owned up to having been the cause of it.

Fortunately I do not get too upset about these things but I did express to her how disappointed I was as a cracked screen on a mobile device is a sign of a careless person. A careless person I am not.

My times were:
2:57, 3:09, 3:19, 3:09, 3:30, 3:19

In that fifth lap I ended up walking about eight seconds half way through the run. This explains the longer time. In the first one I burst out of the gate with lots of energy and so I got the sub three minute time, but that really wore me out.

Today I am supposed to do 3x1km 4:23 per, 90 sec recovery between each lap. I'll be timing myself this time so as not to have more cracks made in my device; carrying it with me as I run. My goal is to be able to run 5KM in 20 minutes or less, so really I should be doing each of the three KM's today in 4:00 even. I will see what I can do.

No comments: