Monday, September 03, 2018

when the rabbit hole smelled of fleece

And we see it in the weather.

But that's another matter for a time traveler to figure out.

I think I just mistakenly answered an ad on FB for a car that I am in no position to buy. The guy called me almost immediately after I answered the ad, and he himself wasn't working today as it is Labour Day.

He said he would call back tomorrow from his office where I will have to break the news to him that I won't be buying a car until my house is sold, and my house isn't even on the market yet.

I and another came to work today in case any tickets came in, but as we serve mostly North American customers, all of whom are off on the Labour Day Holiday, exactly zero tickets have come in so far. We are theoretically here in case the phone rings as we haven't a way to forward the phone to our mobile devices, but no one has called and no one has logged a ticket.

For next year I think the recommendation will be to have only one person here, from 9h to 17h which means missing the first hour of our coverage (8h-9h) and the last hour (17h-18h) but the likelihood is low enough that it should be fine. Possibly have a second person available to work from home just in case the person here gets overwhelmed.

There is no question that an inundation is coming; the only question remains, how quickly can you find high ground.

Good luck!

No comments: